Do you love wildlife and working outdoors? Are you practically minded and willing to learn new skills? Have you thought about a career in nature conservation?
Train with Wild Talent. Salary £13,200 p.a. Tax free bursary
Full time for one year. Closing date: 6.00pm Friday 8th July 2016.
Location: Across Greater London - based in south and west
If you are 18 or over and live in London, you could be eligible for Wild Talent - a paid, one year traineeship with London Wildlife Trust. This work-based, practical training also involves written course work and leads to a Level 2 Work-based Diploma in Environmental Conservation.
The Wild Talent project has been specifically funded to challenge the barriers that exclude some people from working in environmental conservation. Wild Talent aims to address skill shortages in the nature conservation sector and increase the diversity of our workforce.
Wild Talent trainees will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Work-based Diploma in Environmental Conservation (City & Guilds)
- Professional certificates in chainsaw usage and pesticide application
In addition to these qualifications, trainees will develop a broad range of skills required in the conservation sector:
- Practical conservation & reserve management
- Surveying and monitoring
- Community engagement and education
To be eligible for Wild Talent you need to be at least 18, living in London and either:
- in receipt of benefits
- or without higher education qualifications (such as a degree)
- or from a black or minority ethnic group
- or from an economically deprived area in London (if you are not sure about this point just call/email us and give us your postcode and we will check for you)
If you are not sure if you can apply for this training, or for more information, please get in touch with Helen Wallis on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply for Wild Talent
Please return the completed application form and candidate details form to: Wild Talent recruitment, London Wildlife Trust, Dean Bradley House, 52 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2AF or email to email@example.com with 'WildTalent application' in the subject line.