Volunteer with us and help wildlife across London
Our volunteers help London's wildlife thrive – without them we wouldn't be able to continue protecting and enhancing nature.
Whether you're a nature novice or an ecology expert; everyone is welcome to get involved. Volunteering with us will give you new skills and experience, learning from qualified professionals.
There are lots of different ways to get actively involved with London Wildlife Trust, from regular workdays to one-off events, in locations across the capital:
There is always a lot to do on our reserves, with sessions including habitat restoration, grassland management, tree care, and citizen science.
We need help running education sessions for young people. Activities include minibeast safaris and pond dipping.
We're looking for volunteers to greet people at our visitor centres, answer questions, and help out on reserves where necessary.
From river restoration to mammal and dragonfly surveys, making green roofs or rain gardens, with communities across London, there are lots of ways to get involved with our ongoing projects.
Find the right activity for you on our map of volunteering opportunities:
- All volunteers must be aged 16 and over. Under-18s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Expenses can be provided for travel within London and for a lunch of under £5.
- Any equipment needed is provided by us, but please wear suitable clothing and footwear.
- Please inform your team leader of any relevant medical conditions, and complete a compulsory registration form.
- For general queries about volunteering email firstname.lastname@example.org.