Volunteer with us and help wildlife across London
Our volunteer activities have now restarted. As government advice is updated, some of our sessions may still be kept at lower numbers depending on the conditions at each site.
Our volunteers help London's wildlife thrive – without them we wouldn't be able to continue protecting and enhancing nature.
Whether you're a nature novice or an ecology expert; everyone is welcome to get involved. Volunteering with us will give you new skills and experience, learning from qualified professionals.
There are lots of different ways to get actively involved with London Wildlife Trust, from regular workdays to one-off events, in locations across the capital:
There is always a lot to do on our reserves, with sessions including habitat restoration, grassland management, tree care, and citizen science.
We need help running education sessions for young people. Activities include minibeast safaris and pond dipping.
We're looking for volunteers to greet people at our visitor centres, answer questions, and help out on reserves where necessary.
From river restoration to mammal and dragonfly surveys, making green roofs or rain gardens, with communities across London, there are lots of ways to get involved with our ongoing projects.
Find the right activity for you on our map of volunteering opportunities
The key below identifies which type of volunteering you can do at each nature reserve.
- All volunteers must be aged 16 and over. 16 and 17 year olds need parental consent unless they are in employment. Sometimes there are rules on whether you need to bring a friend, sibling, parent or guardian who is 18+. Please email us to find out more.
- Expenses can be provided for travel within London and for a lunch of under £5.
- Any equipment needed is provided by us, but please wear suitable clothing and footwear.
- You will need to complete a compulsory registration form, please inform your team leader of any relevant medical conditions
- For general queries about volunteering email email@example.com.