Hutchinson's Bank (credit Daniel Greenwood)
Leaving a gift to London Wildlife Trust in your Will is a great way to make a lasting contribution to wildlife and nature in the capital
By having a valid and up to date Will in place, you can ensure that your family is provided for, as well as helping charitable causes that are close to your heart.
Remembering London Wildlife Trust in your Will is really simple. Professional help will ensure your Will is valid and give you peace of mind that your wishes will be carried out the way you intended.
Every gift in every Will makes a difference to the future of London’s wildlife. We greatly appreciate everyone who makes the generous decision to leave a legacy to London Wildlife Trust.
Thank you for your support.
Making a new Will
The first step in making a new Will is to decide who will do this for you. To ensure impartiality we cannot recommend a particular solicitor, but suggest referring to the following organisations:
Contents of a Will
Once you’ve chosen who will draw up your new Will, consider the following:
- Who should inherit your property, money, shares and other assets and possessions;
- Who should be responsible for looking after your estate (the executors);
- Special arrangements for your funeral;
- Any charitable donations you would like to make.
Updating an existing Will
It is important to review your Will regularly to ensure it reflects your current wishes. Generally you should review your Will every five years or every time a 'life-event' happens. For example when:
- You marry
- You have a child or grandchild
- There is a death in your family
- There is a change in your financial circumstances
- There are major changes in the types or rates of taxation
- You are going to live abroad
- You are moving to shared accommodation
- You separate or divorce from your partner
- There is a change in the health of either you or your partner
Updating your Will is a simple task and small changes or additions can be made easily using a Codicil. This is an instruction that is added to your existing Will but we recommend you seek professional help to make any changes and ensure it is legally binding.
Got any questions?
Thank you for considering leaving a gift to London Wildlife Trust in your Will. For more information, call Cathy on 020 7803 4276 or complete our online form. You may also find our comprehensive FAQs section useful.
To ensure that the charity ultimately benefits from your gift, your solicitor will need the following information:
Registered Name: London Wildlife Trust
Registered Address: Dean Bradley House, 52 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2AF
Registered Charity Number: 283895
We recommend the following wording: "I give London Wildlife Trust [the sum of £x or x% share of my residuary estate] for its general charitable purposes and I declare that the receipt of the treasurer or other authorised officer shall be full and sufficient discharge for the said legacy."