Duties will cover:
- Assisting with opening and closing procedures for the site
- Furniture configuration, setting up sound/AV with direction as required
- stocking the bar and café
- preparing all catering facilities
- providing excellent customer service to guests
- keeping the venue clean and tidy
- stewarding of site: including guest list management, welcoming attendees, communication via handheld radio, unlocking of gates, and overseeing suppliers and incoming deliveries
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a professional, fast paced hospitality environment and be able to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a positive approach. You will have a strong understanding of the importance of health and safety and experience of cash handling and stock control. You will have excellent customer service, and very good problem solving and communication skills.
The shifts available will mostly take place on Thursdays and Saturdays, with occasional shifts on Fridays and Sundays, and very occasionally on other days of the week.
London Wildlife Trust manages more than 35 nature reserves across the capital that are exemplars of urban conservation land management and which greatly benefit the local communities that use these sites. The Trust delivers projects focusing on protecting priority habitats and wildlife species in London and works to influence policy makers to support this work. The Trust engages London’s diverse communities through access to our nature reserves, volunteering programmes and education and outreach work. To understand more about our plans ahead, read our strategic plan: For a Wilder City 2015 – 2020 here.
To apply, please send a completed Candidate Details Form and Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 13th March, 10.00 am (we may close this vacancy earlier if we find suitable candidates)
Interview date: Candidates will be contacted according to suitability for interviews
An enhanced DBS Check is not required for this role.
London Wildlife Trust is an equal opportunities employer.